20. Thousands of bunker fish were found dead in the Shinnecock Canal of the Long Island in New York. Though the reasons aren’t very clear, it could have occurred as a result of drastic temperature change of the water.
19. A 7.8 magnitude earthquake hit New Zealand causing weird lifts.
18. An overwhelming number of toads appeared in the streets of Mianzhu, China in 2008 just two days before the place was hit by a 7.8 magnitude earthquake. The locals believe it to be an omen even though scientists call it a mere coincidence.
17. A snow storm hit Libya in February 2012, which is a very rare occurrence. In fact, it was the first in the area since 2005. Europe went on to have the coldest winter since 1991.
16. In July 2016 a microburst was seen in south-western United States. Though visually very appealing, it is a very dangerous phenomena causing surface winds of over a 1000 miles per hour.
15. A huge sinkhole suddenly swallowed an street in the city of Fukuoka, Japan in November 2016. The street was repaired within 48 hours and was up and running within a week of this event.
14. An unexpected fire rainbow(a beautiful display) was observed in South Carolina in 2015. Scientists explain that such rainbows form due to the interaction of the sun rays with the clouds at great heights.
13. A visual treat of quadruple rainbows were seen in April 2015 in Glen Cove, New York. One rainbow was formed directly from the sun while the others were its reflection.
12. Students from the University of Washington on their trip to the North Pole observed flower shaped patches of frost in September 2009. Scientists explain that this happens when the air gets much colder than the ocean water.